[Zope] Re: Folder permissions

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Wed Mar 10 14:28:54 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:13:44PM +0100, Anton Stonor wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
>
> > If I create a new folder, should I expect to be able to upload files to it
> > via FTP immediately, or do I need to enable FTP access in some way first?
> >
> > Does it make any difference if that folder is within a Plone site?
>
> What happened when you tried?

ftp> pwd
257 "/plontest1/data" is the current directory.
ftp> ls -al
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
d---------   1 admin    Zope            0 Mar 10 19:07 ..
226 Transfer complete
remote: -al
59 bytes received in 0.01 seconds (5 Kbytes/s)
ftp> put 001.link
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII connection for 001.link
Sent 236 bytes
426 Error creating file.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

236 bytes sent in 0.00 seconds (0 Kbytes/s)
ftp> ls -al
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
d---------   1 admin    Zope            0 Mar 10 19:07 ..
226 Transfer complete
remote: -al
59 bytes received in 0.01 seconds (5 Kbytes/s)
ftp>

There is no problem uploading to the parent directory - the root of the
plone site.

--
John