[Zope] Zope install after compiling

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Mar 10 16:25:58 EST 2004

Thyb wrote:

>The problem is that two options are used together.
>
>Only one option can be used on AiX 5.2, -f or -n.
>-f for forcing link creation
>-n for dereferencing
>
>The makefile in Zope source contains 'LN=ln -sfn'.
>Can this be checked somehow, if it works or not? If not working, then LN
>should not use -n.

I would say just change it in the makefile on your installation and test
if you can run zope. It should be quickly apparent that it has failed,
since no Python will be found.

My guess is that the -n flag should stay around rather than the -f, but
I imagine there's a good reason for both, and it's strange that AIX
doesn't tolerate this.

>Who should I contact to have this changed?

File a bug in the Zope collector. This should be easy to address if the
semantic issues aren't hard.

          --jcc

--
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."