[Zope] Re: finding orphaned Product objects

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Mar 11 16:50:19 EST 2004

Fred Yankowski wrote at 2004-3-10 16:20 -0600:
>> Be careful: instances from no longer installed products may pose
>>   significant problems.
>
>Yes, but the products that are removed by your procedure would be
>exactly those that are no longer available on the filesystem.  So
>wouldn't any instances from those products have been broken in the
>first place, before deleting the products?

You are probably right.

However, there seem to be two different kinds of brokenness:

  *  Usually, broken objects are represented by a "broken object"

  *  Sometime, they prevent access to the object that contains
     the broken object.

I do not yet understand the difference, although I already
had one case of the bad type.
Maybe, I will understand it should it happen again...

--
Dieter