[Zope] Using ObjectManager class

Serg sutni at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 12 03:50:51 EST 2004

> Serg wrote:
> > <file min_all.py>
> > class min_all(SimpleItem.SimpleItem,ObjectManager):
> > manage_options=(ObjectManager.manage_options +
> >                     ({'label':'Edit Minimal',
> > 'action':'manage_editMin_allForm'},
> >                     ))
> > def addFoo(self,id,dn):
> >         "add Foo object to min_all object"
> >         O=Foo(id,dn)
> >         self._setObject(id, O)
> >         self._p_changed=1
> >
> > def delFoo(self,id):
> >         "del Foo object from min_all object"
> >         O=Foo(id,dn)
> >         self._delObject(id)
> >         self._p_changed=1
> >
> > Function delFoo and addFoo working normally. For example, I can't add
> > second Foo object with existing id, and I can't del Foo object with not
> > existing id.
> > But I can't see objects on ObjectManager.manage_options tab! I see only
> > message: "There are currently no items in min_all1".
> > I think, that problem is in _getOb function of ObjectManager class....
> > How can I change this function?
> >
> > And where can I read information about using ObjectManager class?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Serg.
> >

> does Foo inherit from SimpleItem or something equivalent? - this is
> needed as far as i now
It's not importent for Foo class. I solve this problem. I change
"class min_all(SimpleItem.SimpleItem,ObjectManager):"  to "class
min_all(ObjectManager,SimpleItem.SimpleItem):". Now objects of min_all class
see ObjectManager.ObjectItems first!

> take a look at the source in lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py and
> SimpleItem.py
Thanks :).
Exists (UML) Class Diagramm for Zope Classes, like ObjectManager, SimpleItem
_ etc? Where can I see this?

> , bernd

Regards,
Serg.