SV: [Zope] How to implement system.multicall in zope (xml-rpc)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Mar 12 14:33:56 EST 2004

Geir Arne Evjen wrote at 2004-3-12 00:00 +0100:
>Instead of only sending one xml-rpc call from the client to the zope server
>you can group several calls into an array and send it over (multicalls). The
>result is returned in the same manner.

Why would you want to do that?

  XML-RPC is an RPC (remote procedure call). RPC is a synchronous
  protocol: the caller is waiting for the result. There will
  be no second call before the first one returns.

When you simple want to reuse the connection, I would
look how Python's "httplib" handles several requests on the
same connection.

You may need to give your XML-RPC then a new underlaying transport
to use this approach.

--
Dieter