[Zope] TAL and quotes

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalprogression.net
Fri Mar 12 18:10:15 EST 2004

Anyone got an idea for who to work round quotes not being escaped in TAL?

I've got a line:

<input tal:attributes="value here/mystring" />

mystring may contain a quote that needs to be escaped to &quot;

It's not automatically escaped by the TAL engine, unfortunately if I write
code to escape it myself then I end up with &amp;quot; because although TAL
fails to escape " it does escape &!

Also, I can't turn escaping off completely with structure as that doesn't
work with attributes.

I put this in the Collector but I really need something sooner. Thanks for
any ideas.

Andrew