[Zope] Re: WEBDAV & FireFox

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Sun Mar 14 03:37:41 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 10:19:33PM +0100, Anton Stonor wrote:
>
>>John Poltorak wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a HowTo on webdaving? I don't know what is involved in setting it
>>>up?
>>
>>On the Zope side others on this list have told you how to set up webdav.
>

> Yes, I understand Zope needs to start up with '-W 8088' and I can connect
> to that with Firefox, but have no idea what to expect when I do connect.
>
> A browser screenshot would be nice...

WebDAV is a protocol like FTP or HTTP so there isn't really a UI to
access from the server. The UI is solely provided by the client.

Today there is really a shortage in good WebDAV clients (imho).
The one I use frequently with Zope (from Win32 platform) is
WebDAV, it's a commercial product. It let's me mount WebDAV
server in the Windows Explorer just like they where regulare
network volyms. Other clients could look like FTP clients.

That's what you could expect from a WebDAV client.

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM     Skype: colliberty