[Zope] product & external method synchronizer

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Mon Mar 15 00:53:49 EST 2004

Sakesun Roykiattisak wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm planning to deploy Zope within my company intranet. We have 6
> intranet sites. I've found ZSyncer to be very useful to synchronize
> ZODB objects to the development site's. However, I still need some
> tools to synchronize our customized zope-products and external
> methods.  Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Create a CVS repository with all the products on one of the servers.
Put all the external files in one of the products External directory.
Checkout all your products in the respective products directory on all
the servers.

All you have to do then is to cvs update the products on each of your
server.

To automate the actual updating you could write an external method that
calls "cvs -q up -d -P" in each of the products directory.
This external method you can call from a python script on your "home" zope.

Robert