[Zope] Keeping data throughout a session

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 05:28:29 EST 2004

(loose the html mail please!)

Michael.Rinner at cellzome.com wrote:

> Now I could simply use hidden input fields and carry the values over and
> over from one page to another, but that seems quite an awkward way to do
> this. So I store them as Session data, which works fine so far except
> for if a user opens several browser windows, which however happens quite
> often. In that case, changes done in one window affect the selection in
> another window, as there is only one shared session object obviously.

You're trying to beat HTML into doing something it's nto designed to do ;-)

> Does anyone have an idea what the best way would be to handle this?

Your best bet is to have a "window id" which you send out and then maintain in a
hidden input of request path variable which identifies which window is which and
use that to create dictionaries in the session for each window...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk