[Zope] Adding an External Method

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Mon Mar 15 10:53:53 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:20:08AM -0500, Paul Howell wrote:
> John, your error message is doing all the suggesting as to what is
> wrong.   Specifically, it says that it can't import GLOBALS from config
> (meaning config.py, of course).

Yes, I gather there is a problem, but the last place I would have
expected it to find it would have been in the sample code provided.

How are you expected to learn anything when the information you are
presented with is incorrect?

> it trying to import?  Both GLOBALS and PROJECTNAME.  When you look in your
> config.py file (according to what I see in the Zopemag article), it
> contains a line that says what PROJECTNAME should be, but nothing about
> GLOBALS.
>
> Looks like you have two choices: (1) don't import GLOBALS, or (2) define
> GLOBALS in your config.py file.
>
> (1) Try this: Change the line so that it only imports PROJECTNAME, and not
> GLOBALS.

One wonders why it was included in the sample code...

> And finally, when you get the code to work properly and find what the
> errors in the article truly be, and what it should say, document it for others.

Looks like you have already found this documented.

I know Google is wonderful, but how on earth did you find that article?

--
John