[Zope] Ape and DBTab Configuration in Zope 2.7

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Mon Mar 15 13:25:57 EST 2004

On 15 Mar 2004 at 14:57, Elena Schulz wrote:

> I could find any info about how to setup a filestorage with ape, dbtab and
> zope 2.7 (I want to keep the content of some folders in the filesystem)
> Could anybody point me to some infos or know how to do it?

I am using Ape 0.7.1 with Python 2.3.2 and Zope 2.7.0 on RH Linux 9.. No problems
other than trying to store an ldapUserFolder. I have a workaround from shane but I
haven't tried it since I had refactored my site to remove the problem.

--

Someone else said:

> Ape 0.7.1 (the current version) doesn't work with python 2.3 and thus zope
> 2.7.

But it works for me.

Put Ape into 2.7.0/lib/python/Products  (it cannot be in an INSTANCE_HOME Products
directory)

Ape has a file called "component.xml" that tells you what to do for 2.7::

To use this, first add the following line near the top of
Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml:

  <import package="Products.Ape"/>

Then add to zope.conf:

<ape-db fs>
  <ape-storage>
    mapper-variation filesystem
    <ape-fs-connection fs>
      basepath $INSTANCE/var/myfs
    </ape-fs-connection>
  </ape-storage>
  mount-point /fs
  scan-interval 10
</ape-db>

-
-
Then start up Zope, and "Add A ZODB Mount Point" via ZMI. I don't know if it matters
where you "add the mount point", it seems to use what's in zope.conf for the path
anyway.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements