[Zope] Re: Ape and DBTab Configuration in Zope 2.7

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Tue Mar 16 08:13:57 EST 2004

On 15 Mar 2004 at 12:51, Joseph Kocherhans wrote:

> Is the workaround posted in the
> archives anywhere? If so I haven't been able to find it. I know Shane has

Here's what Shane told me. I'm afraid I haven't tried it since I couldn't wait for an
answer (he was out of town consulting at the time) so I rearranged my site and haven't
changed it back.

---

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Brad Clements wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This isn't critical. Just a report.
>
> Storing an LDAPUserFolder object in Ape causes Zope 2.7 to allocate
> memory with bounds, and eventually fault (redhat linux 9) on Python
> 2.3.2 . it's not a recursion exceeded error.
>
> I think something in Ape doesn't know how to serialize LDAPUserFolder.
> I'm using the stock .xml config you shipped in the lastest APE and
> storing to the file system.
>
> What's the best way for me to debug this?

Try instructing it to serialize as a file rather than a folder.  At the
bottom of apeconf.xml there are two similar workarounds.  Add something
like this:

<mapper name="anyfile">
 <use-for class="Products.LDAPUserFolder.LDAPUserFolder.LDAPUserFolder" />
</mapper>

Shane

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000