[Zope] Re: Ape and DBTab Configuration in Zope 2.7

Joseph Kocherhans jkocherhans at mac.com
Tue Mar 16 15:17:55 EST 2004

>>you can try getting Ape from zope's cvs repository. Last time
>>I did a checkout the cvs version was working with zope 2.7. I wouldn't
>>use it in production though.
>
> That I did already, though I couldn't get it working. It always says
> something is in the way when I add a ZODBMountPoint.
> All the doks are not for zope 2.7, so I don't know what's wrong.
> Some hints how to use ape for zope 2.7 would be great.

If it's saying that something is in the way I think you already have an
object on the mount path. (i.e. if you are trying to mount the ape
storage at /fs, you can't have an object or folder already named "fs" at
your zodb root.) So if you already have something named "fs", rename it,
add the mount point, and then copy items from your renamed "fs" folder
to the new folder. You might want to get a cvs checkout from Feb 1, 2004
as well. As far as I can tell that has the Python 2.3 fixes, but it's
before Shane started adding changes for 0.8. I'm not sure how stable the
cvs HEAD is right now.

I can't really think of any general hints, but if you can post specific
errors and questions to the list, people are generally willing to help
:) Unfortunately, I think a lot of the Ape discussion has happened in
private email, so it's been a lot of trial and error for me to get
things working. Hopefully this thread helps the situation a bit.

joseph