[Zope] classes in external methods

nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com
Tue Mar 16 16:44:21 EST 2004

Since Zope's Python Scripts will not allow me to import the csv module, I
wrote my own little class within an External Method.  My class opens a CSV
file and returns a dictionary representation of each line, one at a time.
Now Zope pops up an authentication dialog when I try to call my External
Method.  Is there some way around this?  Can someone also explain why Zope
does this?  I thought an External Methods was a failsafe way to write
unrestricted Zope code without going all out and writing a product (which
just doesn't make sense in this instance).
Nathaniel