[Zope] IOError

AP Meyer a.p.meyer at fel.tno.nl
Wed Mar 17 06:57:28 EST 2004

    Dear Zopers

Since this morning I have witnessed a new error in my Zope application.
It is a database with a ZPT interface that makes use of ZCatalog for
browsing through its contents. When I do this I get an IOError now and
then. When I refresh the same bits of data a second later the problem is
gone. It is not predictable when this happens. Packing the ZODB (from
80MB to 5MB) did not help.

This happens with Zope 2.7 on Win2K.

Has anybody else experienced this before? Is it Zope or Windows  (I have
yet to test this on my Red Hat box) or a hardware problem?

kind regards
Andre

    Site Error

*Error Type: IOError*
*Error Value: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor*

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.