[Zope] Re: zpt initial blank line

Joseph Kocherhans jkocherhans at mac.com
Wed Mar 17 10:24:48 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Joseph Kocherhans wrote:
>
>> That's part of what baffles me... I've been checking the rendered
>> standard_template.pt as a reference since I haven't edited it.
>

> OK...
>
>> I just changed the runzope.bat script to point to a different
>> python.exe. I know it's probably not a good idea, but this is just a
>> dev machine and I got sick of copying site-packages from my system
>> python to zope's python.
>

> What have you got in site-packages that Zope is using?
> Oh for symlinks on Windows...

ldap, win32com, PIL, psyco, reportlab, pretty much all of the egenix
stuff, PyXML

>> The rendered source has the initial blank line... the actual source
>> appears as expected over ftp and through the zmi.
>

> How are you viewing the rendered source?

Viewing the source in Firefox, Mozilla, and IE. The problem actually
came to my attention while I was using CMFReportTool. PyXML couldn't
parse one of the templates due to the initial blank line. It seems like
the problem is independent of the http client.

joseph