[Zope] Re: Zope Version

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Wed Mar 17 14:23:03 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:54:44PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> A more important thing which is missing though, is a Restart button...
> Do you have one?

Not when I started zope with bin/runzope.  It appears when I start
zope with bin/zopectl.  As someone else said, the latter starts zope
as a daemon process, which I think adds a new top-level process that
handles the restart event.

Zope 2.7.0 has some significant differences from the 2.6.x versions --
justifying the new second-level version number.  This is most apparent
to me in the top-level scripts and configuration files.  The new setup
is good, once you get used to it.  The ability to use the zopectl and
zeoctl scripts directly in /etc/init.d/ is handy (although I'm a
little concerned about just where the processes now change EUID away
from root -- it's not as obvious as before).

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370