[Zope] [ANN] mxmCounter 1.1.0

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Mar 18 03:13:02 EST 2004

mxmCounter - A filesystem based hit counter product for Zope, CMF &
Plone sites

Changes

     - Added a management page for setting counts on individual pages

     - Added links to each counted page

     - Improved documentation.

Version

     1.1.0

Description

     I needed a simple filesystem hit counter for zope for my own site,
     but found the existing products wanting.

     I didn't really want to be bothered with installing a statistics
     package, and setting it up with Apache etc.

     Also, some of my customers have asked for the functionality on
     their sites. So I developed a new product that was more in line
     with what I wanted.

Features

     Fast, and doesn't grow the ZODB

         It is Ram based and only saves to disk for every n count.

     Works for all pages on the site

         You only need to install one instance of the product for all
         pages. An "infinite" amount of counters are automatically
         created.

     ip adress blocking

         You can block one, more or ranges of adresses that should be
         prevented from incrementing the counter.

         So you can check out your hit-rate without increasing the
         count. :-)

     Cookie based blocking

         Sets a cookie so the counter will increment only once. Until
         the browser is restarted.

     Simple one page counter overview/management

         You can see all the hit counters on a single page. meaning
         that you can keep them hidden for normal users.

Where is it?

     http://www.mxm.dk/products/public/mxmCounter/

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark