[Zope] Re: WEBDAV & FireFox

Thomas Bennett bennettt at pm.appstate.edu
Thu Mar 18 10:14:51 EST 2004

Its been a while since I first tried using WebDAV but I tried it with
Dreamweaver and MS's WEB Folder version and I can't remember if one or
both did this.  I could download and upload the files fine except that
downloading would download the rendered source and not the true source.
So in that case since we use a tag like <dtml-var topbanner> on all our
pages then editing the rendered source would eliminate that and all dtml
tags which would make that page not update when the topbanner object gets
changed.  It seems that I recall seeing some discussion somewhere that
type of incident may have been client specific and some download rendered
source and some true source.  But being http based and "REQUEST/RESPONSE"
I can see why this might happen.  This was with :

Zope Version  (Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python
2.1.3, linux2)
Python Version  2.1.3 (#1, Sep 19 2002, 13:15:46) [GCC egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)]
System Platform  linux2

Thomas