[Zope] packing database crashes zope

Steffen Hausmann steffen at hausmann-family.de
Fri Mar 19 08:10:14 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 06:08:36AM +0100, Wouter Vanden Hove wrote:
> I packed our zope-database (zope 2.6.2), but after a while this error
> appears:
>
> ValueError: I/O operation on closed file
>
> What caused this error?

Be sure that the user of the zope process is able to change the
original Data.fs. I think this is just a permission problem of your
file system.

> In the var-dir there are (among others) following files:
>
> 780M Mar 19 01:35 Data.fs
> 162M Mar 19 02:25 Data.fs.pack
>
> Can I assume that Data.fs.pack is the newly packed database and is not
> corrupted or incomplete? Or do I need to replace it with a backup?

After having successfully packed the Data.fs to Data.fs.pack the zope
process tries to move the Data.fs to Data.fs.old and Data.fs.pack to
Data.fs but it seems to fail due to a permission problem.
Nevertheless, the two files should be ok.

MfG Steffen