[Zope] Catalog query time

Kevin Carlson khcarlso at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 19 08:48:24 EST 2004

After much trial and error, I have concluded that the issue has nothing
to do with sessions.  Here is the process by which I came to that
conclusion:

I removed all of the code in the particular page that used sessions and
avoided any pages in the site that would create a session variable by
traversing directly to the page in question.  I commented out the call
to the script that creates to data for the page and the page rendered
just fine.  Second, I commented out the code in the script that called
the catalog and added the call to this script back in the page.  The
page still rendered fine.  If I added the code that queries the catalog
back into the script, I get the error.

Now for some new strangeness that I noticed. If I keep the catalog
queries in the code and run the page from within the ZMI, it renders
fine.  In fact, it returns almost immediately.  That got me thinking
about one other item that may cause this.  I am using a SiteAccessRule
that is checking the domain name in the URL and calling setupSkin.
Could that be causing this strange behavior?

Kevin