[Zope] Debugging Python scripts

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Mar 20 15:45:07 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 03:21:25PM -0500, Small Business Services wrote:
> From: "John Poltorak" <jp at warpix.org>
> > Can anyone suggest how I can include some debugging in a Python script?
> >
> > I don't suppose there is any way to single-step through a program is
> > there?
>
> Not that I have discovered - I hope someone else can prove me wrong!
>
> However, you can wrap your entire script in a 'try/except' and use a list
> variable to collect debug info along the way and then print it out.

What I was hoping for was something like the '-x' flag for shell scripts.

I guess I could try using '-v' and see what happens. There is also a
PYTHONVERBOSE=x variable which can be used. If anyone has experience of
those I'd be interested in any advice.

> Note: if you are using the 'Test' (ie. click on the Test tab while you are
> editing the script within the ZMI) instead of 'return debuglist' use 'print
> debuglist'

I can't do that since it is the Zope install script I am trying to debug...

--
John