[Zope] Re: Debugging Python scripts

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Sun Mar 21 09:33:41 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 08:02:08PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> Can anyone suggest how I can include some debugging in a Python script?
>
> I don't suppose there is any way to single-step through a program is
> there?

I suggest that you read "Conversing with Zope".
<http://www.zope.org/Members/klm/ZopeDebugging/ConversingWithZope>

With Zope 2.7 you don't need to install the 'izctl' script mentioned
in that document.  You can just use 'zopectl debug' to start ZServer
under control of a Python command shell.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370