[Zope] strange performance problem

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 22 10:44:20 EST 2004

Thanks for the assist.

Swap:  I doubt it, but it's worth checking.  It runs at 44MB or so at the
moment out of 2GB allocated.

RAM:  Currently I have 4GB installed using whatever RH 7.3 believes is the
right memory model--I believe they use the 1GB system, 3GB user model with
my resource configuration.

Threads: I currently am running 8 threads per Zope, but there are multiple
instances of Zope.  I rarely see more than four threads active.  CPU
utilization has occasional peaks, but typically is under 5% on both CPUs.

Check Interval:  I have not dorked with the check interval.  I'll try
dropping it. I'd guess it will improve responsiveness but not resolve this
problem.

Zope & Python:  The Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.6.2b3 are not likely to be the
problem here. That's one of the stable configurations.  I plan to move to
Zope 2.6.4 and Python 2.3.3 when I feel I can do it safely on a production
system. I may even go to Zope 2.7 but there's greater risk moving a live
system which cannot accept downtime.

ZEO?: I don't currently use ZEO.  Should I be using it?

Thanks.   -d