[Zope] expected string or Unicode object, ImplicitAcquirerWrapper found

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Mon Mar 22 12:57:15 EST 2004

I must be missing something... help!

I have a python script called logoName.py, as follows:

return 'logo.jpg'

then I'm trying to use that in a DTML method.  This works fine:

&dtml-portal_url;/&dtml-logoName;

Whereas this gives me an error:

<dtml-var "_[logoName].getURL">

the error traceback being:
-------------------
Exception Type  	TypeError
Exception Value 	expected string or Unicode object,
ImplicitAcquirerWrapper found

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module Products.CMFCore.FSDTMLMethod, line 141, in __call__
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
       __traceback_info__: logoName
     * Module <string>, line 2, in f
     * Module AccessControl.DTML, line 32, in guarded_getitem
     * Module AccessControl.ZopeGuards, line 90, in guarded_getitem

TypeError: expected string or Unicode object, ImplicitAcquirerWrapper
found

I really need to use the latter construct, is it possible to change my
python script to give it the right thing?