[Zope] Problem with VirtualHostMonster

FLORAC Thierry thierry.florac at onf.fr
Tue Mar 23 04:41:21 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 10:05, Chris Withers wrote:
> FLORAC Thierry wrote:
>
> > I was using Zope "SiteRoot" product until now (without any problem) to
> > handle my Zope virtual hosting behind an Apache server with rewrite rules.
> > I've tried recently to use VirtualHostMonster product, but had to face a
> > little problem :
> > - if I load an object and call his "absolute_url()" method, everything is OK
> > - if I load an object, store it in a REQUEST variable or on the stack
> > with "<dtml-with>" or "<dtml-let>", and call "absolute_url()" on this
> > object, the URL is not rewritten.
>
> That sounds pretty odd.
>
> What kind of object are you putting on the request or the namestack?

Concerned objects are custom classes instances, inherited from
SimpleItem or ObjectManager (for which the "absolute_url" is never
defined).

> How are you putting it in.on there?

I can use several methods :
 - <dtml-let MYINSTANCE="otherObject.callMethod()"> (which retrieves an
object)
 - <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('MYINSTANCE', otherObject.callMethod())">
(which is used mainly when the result can be used in several scripts)
 - <dtml-in ... prefix="sequence">
     <dtml-let MYINSTANCE=sequence_item>

and probably other similar methods called via Python scripts...

  Thierry

P.S. : I forgot to you that I'm using Zope-2.6.1 with Python-2.1.3

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net