[Zope] Re: Zope Version

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Tue Mar 23 04:52:43 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Toby Dickenson wrote:
> >Zope's own logs are useful in development, but I wouldnt want to have to
> >rely on them in a hostile production environment.
>
> How come?
>
> (links to past messages would be fine ;-)

Somewhere in that mess of code ZServer url decodes the entire first
line of a request and then sends it to the logger, or maybe only
part of it.... at any rate, enough that you basically can't trust
anything in the access logs.  Then there are the issues of granularity
(common log format really sucks for that), compounded with the latency
and multithreading issues that yield out of order entries, which
Dieter can tell you about.  Some of this is easy to fix, some of it
isn't, but its all easy to ignore if you've got reliable logs from a
good gateway server.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/