[Zope] Mailboxer Question

paichi at comcast.net paichi at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 11:53:52 EST 2004

I setup a Mailboxer 3.2 mailing list, and I've noticed the following problem with broken threads.  Users can submit their original e-mails to a given list, and these are archived correctly.  However, replies to these submissions are not threaded to their source e-mails, but rather become a new thread.  In fact, any reply to any thread gets grouped into a single thread on my archive.  The only thing I can figure is something is pulling out from the header "Re: [Open IB...]" from each received e-mail, and is using that to group this to create a thread full of discrete replies.  I'm using Python 2.3.3, RH 9, Zope 2.7, Mailboxer 3.2, and Apache 2.0.49 as a frontend w/ the mod_proxy features enabled.  The MTA is Postfix 1.1.12-1.   The entry to in the /etc/postfix/aliases file reads as:

testme: "|/etc/postfix/smtp2zope.py http://openib.org:8080/testme/manage_mailboxer 20000"

The page can be accessed at http://openib.org/testme

Thanks for any help.