[Zope] problem with new style classes in zope

Maric MICHAUD maric at aristote.info
Tue Mar 23 13:15:30 EST 2004

I'm using zope (2.6 and python 2.2) with an existing python framework
which use python's new style classes.
Once new style classes correctly referenced by my products, and data
pickled/unpickled properly, i can access to all methods and members but
there's still a problem with properties.

I have a instance of a new style class "A" with property "p" and method
"m" which is "return self.p", referenced by a instance of a zope product
"P". Getsetters of p are defined with docstrings.
url : P/A/m and from pythonscript P.A.m() function as expected and print
the value of p, but P/A/p and P.A.p return Unauthorized exceptions.
Did I missed something ?

PS : I have noticed a strange behavior of Extension Classes and an
unexpected segmentation fault. It occurs when we use a reference to an
Extension Class from a new style class, but not from the instances of
that class, I didn't find any doc on the matter, is it a known bug ?