[Zope] multiple zopes

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Tue Mar 23 16:16:53 EST 2004

Sophia Grimm <sophiagrimm at yahoo.com> on 3/23/04 wrote:

>I'm going to share a Plone 2 / Zope 2.7.0 install with
>multiple administrators.
>
>We want our data and acl_users to be separate from
>each other (although we would all be happy with the
>same selection of Zope add-on products). If my Zope
>hangs, the other administrators and their users should
>not be affected.
>
>What is the best way to do this? Is anyone doing it
>already? I tried reading about ZEO, but I haven't been
>able to find a comprehensive how-to that is current
>and applies to the Plone/Zope install.

you can build a single zope software home and then use the
mkzopeinstance.py script to create multiple instance homes where each
person can have their own zope instance, data, products, config etc.

products can be put in a central products folder outside of the instance
homes and symlinked into each instance as needed.

ZEO is for when you want multiple zope client apps to serve the same
data, which does not sounds like what you want to do.

hth
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669