[Zope] zope 2.6.4 lockups

Osma Suominen ozone+zope at sange.fi
Tue Mar 23 18:56:15 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> It can be caused by anything that recurses.
> Usually, the Python interpreter raises a "RuntimeError, maximal
> recursion depth exceeded" before an overflow of the runtime stack
> but I had set the recursion limit very generously.

Did you increase the recursion limit yourself? As I understand it, it
defaults to a sane, system-dependent value so the SIGSEGV should never
happen unless you tweak the limit yourself.

> I am using Zope 2.7.0. This means, Zope 2.7.0 can hang very similar
> as you have described it for Zope 2.6.

That's bad news. But at least I know that won't help so I can try
something else.

I haven't seen the problem for some time now, which makes it kinda hard
to debug.

> I think it is a Python bug. I posted in comp.lang.python.
> I do not yet know what people replied.

Can't see any replies so far, but I'll follow the thread.

Thanks for you input!

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone at iki.fi *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***