[Zope] StructuredDocument editing via web form

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 19:10:14 EST 2004

Hello,

I am hoping to use Maik Jablonski's StructuredDocument product to allow
a client to edit structured text content portions of pages of their web
site.
I want my client to be able to use a simple web form to edit their
content, and keep them out of the ZMI.

I call a simple zpt web form on the StructuredDocument I want to edit.
Current content of the StructuredDocument is displayed in an editable
textarea and I can make whatever changes I want.

What I am stuck on is getting the submission of the form to update the
content of the StructuredDocument it is called on.

I have just tried to do this with a Python script, the key line being:

context.content = request.stx_content

...where stx_content is the name of the editable textarea in the form.

I get this error:
"attribute-less object (assign or del)"

>From what I can find in list archives on this error, it sounds like
maybe it's not possible to do what I want in a python script (due to
script security restrictions I assume).
Or, I'm referencing the content of the StructuredDocument object
incorrectly.  Or both... :-p

If I'm referencing wrong, what is correct?

If python scripts aren't allowed to do this type of assignment, how can
I go about it as simply as possible?

thanks,
John S.