[Zope] Zope on Linux 2.6

Samir Mishra SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae
Tue Mar 23 23:45:54 EST 2004

We're running it in development. We're using the NPTL patch to glibc to
compile the kernel. Start-up is definitely much faster than on the 2.4
kernel, and overall I "feel" the machine is better with applications using
threads.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up.

All this is on Gentoo, where Python and Zope were both compiled with
glibc/NPTL. I know Red Hat/Fedora already have the NPTL patch, I can't speak
for any of the other distros, but I think more than the kernel version, it's
the Linux threading model that makes the difference.

Samir.