[Zope] create HTML mail with inline image using MIMETools

Christoph Landwehr chris-zopemailing at gmx.de
Wed Mar 24 05:05:16 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer schrieb:
> The "dtml-mime" is supposed to set the "boundary" itself.
> It might be necessary to enhance this tag a bit in order
> to generate a "multipart/related" rather than a "multipart/mixed"
> "Content-Type".
>
> As an alternative, you can use Pythons "email" package (part
> of Pythons standard library from Python 2.2 on, can be used
> for Python 2.1.3 as well) to construct the message and
> then send it via the "MailHost"'s "send" method.
> You will need an External Method for this (or allow import
> and use of the Email package for Python Scripts --> Zope Developer Guide).

Thanx for the hint. I was already looking at the email package to work arrond
the lackings of dtml-mime.

I just got suspicious because I found this in the MIMETools change-log:

1.11:
"Added cid and cid_expr fields for the Content-ID header. This is needed for
embedding images in a HTML message."

Regards
Christoph