[Zope] cookie Crumbler problem

Joshua Newman josh at jnew.org
Wed Mar 24 17:00:32 EST 2004

I have a daily schedule on my site that uses properties to store the
events.  A form passes the variables to a python script which changes the
properties of the page.

Things work perfectly when I'm already logged in as a manager.
I can set and reset property items.

But when I enter my site as anonymous and try to do a manager function I
get redirected to the cookie crumbler's authentication page.  (good so far)

When I get past authentication I get to the python script with an
error that says:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: 'prop'

But with a url like:

http://mysite.com/dailySchedule/editCalendarProperty?prop=2004%2F03%2F25&propval=ddd+

When I don't try to change the properties from the python script I can
see and print the variables (prop and propval) perfectly.  But it is
as if the manageAddProperties('prop', prop) wrecks access to the variables.

I've tried looping through the has_items() but the managing lines in
the script still can't see the variables.

I've tried passing all the variables in the header to the login page
as hidden variables, but that fails too.

Please help.
Joshua