[Zope] Zope article at Kuro5hin.org

Tim Middleton x at Vex.Net
Wed Mar 24 17:29:06 EST 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 17:14, Fred Yankowski wrote:
> Someone has written a positive review of Zope over at Kuro5hin.org:

I was just looking over the comments, and was saddened by some of them... but
also they are understandable. I had many of the same difficulties and
confusions mysellf, and it took me *years* of off-and-on fiddling to get over
many of them (and some of them i'm still not over myself).

I was thinking of replying to some of those posts with helpful tips; but found
I can't remember my k5 login, it's been so long since i posted there. Don't
really have time anyhow.

Maybe some other helpful and knowledgeable Zope users might wander over to
shed some light, if indeed they haven't already.

Even where the disgruntled zope users and former users are wrong, it should be
very instructive to Zope developers and documenters to see *where* they are
wrong. Because these are very common issues a lot of people have who would
otherwise love Zope. But then, a lot of these issues are already very well
known (it's just a bit painful to see the dirty laundry hanging out in such
an high trafficked area <-:).

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | Christianity didn't [...] for 20 centuries
x at veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | [...] shit Hallmark before a live studio...