[Zope] zope 2.6.4 lockups

Osma Suominen ozone+zope at sange.fi
Thu Mar 25 06:59:52 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> I wrote "I had set the recursion limit ...". This is the answer
> to your question. You got it before you asked...

Sorry. You weren't very explicit so I had to double-check.

I've found some clues about what is going on. It seems I've been bitten
by the lack of thread safety in Gadfly. With a suitable test using
apache-bench to make concurrent requests that modify the database, I'm
able to cause Zope to hang the same way you did with infinite recursion.
With the same page, but the database query disabled, there are no
problems.

I guess I'll have to switch to a "real" database. But it's worrying that
lack of thread safety in Gadfly is not mentioned almost anywhere. I was
able to find some mailing list archives from 1999 and a rant in German,
but nothing in the Gadfly docs or Zope Book, which has some examples of
Gadfly usage. I added a comment into the Zope Book.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone at iki.fi *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***