[Zope] webdav

Jock Coats jock.coats at jcsolutions.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 06:59:12 EST 2004

On 26 Mar 2004, at 11:48, Vahur Rebas wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> Jock Coats wrote:
>>
>>> Uncomment these and set the settings you want and restart.
>>

>> ...indeed. Although be aware that Zope answers WebDAV requests on
>> it's normal HTTP port as well, so you acn't ever completely disable
>> WebDAV...
>>
> Yep, that's the way it is. And not having a chance to turn it off
> completly is not good.
> So, solutions would be to override these webdav methods that trouble
> or make use
> of webdav :)

Maybe it's just the contents of my Plone site that can't be seen, but
if I use Windows (webfolders) to map to the ordinary web port on my
server it connects okay, but I can see absolutely nothing in there.  I
can only see contents when I use the dav-source port.

Since DAV is merely an extension of HTTP really how could you switch it
off without affecting the HTTP traffic?

Long time since I tinkered with Mod_DAV and Apache - but I seem to
recall you have to have an access rule for each directory you want to
serve via DAV.

Jock
--
Jock Coats, in a personal capacity.
Wardens Lodgings, J1e, Morrell Hall, OXFORD OX3 0TU