[Zope] Zope 2.7 on CD-ROM

Andy McKay andy at clearwind.ca
Fri Mar 26 12:44:18 EST 2004

Sebastien Georget wrote:
> The problem occurs if I want to distribute my demo on a cdrom, I don't
> know the value of INSTANCE so I can't set it in zope.conf.
> For example under windows it could be : d:\instance, e:\instance, ...
> I can solve the problem setting INSTANCE to \instance
>
> Under linux it could be : /mnt/cdrom/instance, /cdrom/instance, ...
> Does anybody have a solution ?

Can't you make the instance home relative to the start script, eg:
../instance?

If not, you can set the instance home by passing it through to the
startup. You'd have to fiddle I cant remember the exact syntax but you
can use -X to set any variable eg:

runzope -X "debug-mode=on"

To have zope run in debug mode.

So in theory if you could figure out in the starting script what drive
the starting script was run on you could pass that through to your
instance home.
--
   Andy McKay
   ClearWind Consulting