[Zope] Zope 2.7 on CD-ROM

robert robert at redcor.ch
Fri Mar 26 16:56:11 EST 2004

Hi Sebastien,
we did creat a Zope 2.7 running from a CD Rom.
You have to do a couple of things:
- do not use any drive letters neither in zope.conf nor in runzope.bat
  Just use sommething like \zope_instance\bin\...
- you have to set the database to read only
- turn off all logging
- and then we had to patch Zope so it does not actually tries to write anything to the databse.
  otherwise some of the programs still were not working.

I can send you our patches and zope.conf I you like to

Robert