[Zope] Problems with ZEO on zope 2.7.0

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Mar 27 05:46:05 EST 2004

Piotr Kral wrote at 2004-3-25 12:37 +0100:
>	Hi. I wave a problem with ZEO on zope 2.7.0. On my older zopes
>everything is fine. But zope 2.7.0 acts strange. It is working (at least
>I think so) but when I go to management panel an there to "
>/Control_Panel/Database/main" it shows me that i use database located in
>  " /opt/Zope-2.7.0/instancje/2/var/Data.fs" and it size is 0.2K instead
>of giving me hostname:port as location of ZODB and it's true size. On
>the beginning I thought that it's not using zeo server but it is using
>it. When I shut down zeo server I get errors "not connected to zodb" or
>something like that. And netstat shows me connections on proper ports.
>It looks like everything is working, only the management panel is
>showing wrong data (even database activity is zero).

Looks like you are using ZEO via a "custom_zodb".

Zope 2.7 partially broke "custom_zodb" support:

  The main database still uses "custom_zodb" to connect to ZEO
  but the "Database" management pages ignore it and show
  what is configured in the configuration file even though it
  is not used.

Do not use "custom_zodb" with Zope 2.7.

Please file a bug report (if I have not done it already (I am not sure)).

--
Dieter