[Zope] Active Zope threads and connection cache size

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Sat Mar 27 12:59:43 EST 2004

connection cache is the number of objects cached in each zodb
connection, its not directly correlated to threads except that each
thread get its own connection for the course of a request, as a rough
guide i would suggest working up from a size of 5k for the connection
cache.. if an object is not in cache zope needs to load it at run time
from the zodb. connections are managed as a lifo stack to maximize cache
effectiveness. generally, running more threads is really not going to
increase throughput unless the threads are blocking, for example on long
running external database connections. running more threads than the
hard set limit of 7 connections is also of questionable value as the
thread will sleep on a lock till it can get a connection.

hope that helps,

-kapil