[Zope] Zope, Apache & mod_proxy

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Sun Mar 28 15:04:37 EST 2004

John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> on 3/28/04 wrote:

>Can someone remind me about how Apache needs to be set up to allow Zope
>work with it?

please check the howto's on zope.org. the consensus seems to be that the
best method is either to use RewriteRules or ProxyPass statements.

>I did have it working, but found that the use of mod_proxy allowed
>Apache
>to be used as an open mail relay.

as you have stated it that is not really true. a __misconfiguration__ of
apache when using mod_proxy __can__ allow it to be used to relay email
openly.
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669