[Zope] Superuser and SuSE 9.0

Bob Wooden bobwooden at netwalk.com
Sun Mar 28 18:13:10 EST 2004

I have installed Zope using the rpm file (2.6.1-132) that ships with
SuSE 9.0 onto my machine.  When attempting to access
http://localhost:8080/manage, all attempts are refused.  Using
zpasswd.py to create (and/or re-create) a superuser with a password, all
attempts are still refused.

User and Security chapter of the zopebook indicates in "$ cd (... where
your ZOPE_HOME is... )".  I am confused, does zope create a zope home
directory under /home?  Why can I not change my superuser password to
something I know?

When install chapter discusses the compile under a tar install, it
indicates that a superuser password is provided and the user (myself)
needs to write this down to get into zope.  If I use the SuSE provided
rpm file, how do I find out the password?

Please help!