[Zope] mxm EasyProduct, and using with page templates

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 02:06:01 EST 2004

Hello,

--- Serg <sutni at yandex.ru> wrote:
> What is mxmObjectManager? Where can I download and read about this?

Go here to read about and download this zope product by maxm:

http://zope.org/Members/maxm/index_html/HowTo/easyProduct

It provdes both a simple object and a simple object manager class that
you can use as base classes for your own products.  So far I find it
very handy (I am pretty new at building my own products).

It only supports DTML as it is, so if you are using page templates you
will need to add this import to your products based on mxmSimpleItem or
mxmObjectManager:

from Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile import PageTemplateFile

and when defining your web methods you use (example for index_html):

index_html = PageTemplateFile('www/index_html', globals())

instead of:

index_html = HTMLFile('www/index_html', globals())

as you would with DTML.

cheers,
John S.