[Zope] How do I get product to return other than ZMI page?

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 02:53:58 EST 2004

Hello,

--- Bill Hewitt <wphewitt at comcast.net> wrote:
> I dont know if this is kosher, but I generally just add the following
> to my "add" method (Straight from Zope Product defaults)
>
> request.RESPONSE.redirect(instance.aq_parent.absolute_url() +
> '/?caller=Manager')

I think that might work for me too.
Trouble is, I first have to find out why the 'return' code at the end
of my manage_addAction() doesn't seem to work at all.
I'm still thinking it's this, in the python script my add form invokes:

context.manage_addProduct['myProduct'].manage_addAction(request.id,request)

Again, this works to call the manage_addAction() in myProduct, and I
can verify that all the code - except the 'return' - in my
manage_addAction is executed.
The 'return' code at the end is apparently not executed, or if it is,
the result is hijacked by something that returns the ZMI page instead.
I can only guess that it's manage_addProduct...?
Whether that's true or not, I don't know how else to do the call so I
need more info.

thanks,
John S.