[Zope] zope and pychart

Stephen Rudd stephen.rudd at btk.utu.fi
Wed Mar 31 05:08:09 EST 2004

Hi Zope users.

Please excuse another dumb question. I wish to produce some dynamic
graphs inside Zope to display biological data. I am using pychart, this
is clean and IMO has the best looking output for least amount of effort.
I can produce graphics by writing a .png file to disk, and then reading
it back to return to the client as RESPONSE. This is not optimal - why
do I bother writing something to disk, to read it again to delete it?

I have had a play using cStringIO, but cannot make this work. Does
anyone have any pointers or examples of how I can create graphics in
PyChart and display them using Zope without needing to write binary
intermediates to the filesystem?

Thanks

Stephen

  Dr Stephen Rudd - genome astronomer