[Zope] Prb using os.system in product

Michael Russell michael_j_russell at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 15:51:35 EDT 2004

I'm trying to call a PHP file from python using os.system(), but it always
returns -1 (the PHP script is executed, output piped to a new file).  The
command works from the command line, it also works in the os.system call
when running Python interactively.  I've also tried something as simple as
"touch /path/to/newfile": works in interactive mode, not from Zope.  The
directory it's writing to has world-writable permissions (777) for testing.

I also tried using os.popen to get the output without sending to a file, but
the command "f = os.popen( php_cmd)" always returns the EAGAIN os error
code.

I appreciate any help.

Michael