[Zope] problem with zope-2.7.0 running as service on win xp

markus mama1 at gmx.de
Tue May 4 17:06:40 EDT 2004

hi *!

I've been running zope-2.7.0 on a windows xp box successfully for a
while. after a reboot, the zope service was not able to start. there was
no error message at all in <INSTANCE_HOME>\log. running zope with
<INSTANCE_HOME>\bin\runzope.bat was doing fine, but that will not fit my
needs. so I decided to completey remove zope and perform a complete
reinstall. but unfortunately the zope server will still not start as a
service.
in the eventlog of the manangement console of win xp, there a serveral
entries with source = PythonService:
entries="""
-The Zope_-2045396663 service has started (Zope instance at
D:\home\zope\main).
-Zope_-2045396663 (Zope instance at D:\home\zope\main): process died
unexpectedly.  Will attempt restart after 5 seconds.
-Zope_-2045396663 (Zope instance at D:\home\zope\main): recovering from
died process, new process started
"""
trying to  <ZOPE_HOME>\bin\PythonService.exe /register
lead to the errormessage="""
Registering the Python Service Manager...
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

way.
"""
i have absolutely no idea what that means or what to try next...
has anybody here had trouble like this?
thanks in advance
regards,
markus