[Zope] Zpublisher or apache?

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Sun May 9 22:44:03 EDT 2004

Julian Gollop wrote:
> Is it better to use apache with zope, or will zope cope well enough
> on its own?

Always use *something* in-front of ZServer.  Zope/ZServer itself isn't
robust enough to trust in a hostile network environment.  Apache is a
good choice, if you understand how to configure Apache to take
advantage of the additional protection it can provide.

> What advantages does apache have over zpublisher, if any?

Apache is well tested, and well maintained.  Apache is also vastly
better at RFC compliance.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing